Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Modified Media Fast- Halfway

We've reached about the halfway point in our modified media fast. I figure it's a good time for an update. It has been easier than I thought it would be.

Neither, of the kids, have even asked to be on the computer much at all. The few times that they were allowed to watch an educational DVD there were no complaints when I said to turn it off. Sabrina is much better at entertaining herself. Alex said he's actually glad that we are doing the modified media fast.

The first few days were the hardest for me. I had gotten into the habit of putting on a DVD for Sabrina and just letting her watch with no time restraints; especially when I needed a break, (she can be very clingy at times). I was also in the habit of reading blogs when I was bored. Now there are days when the only time I use the computer is to update the blog. Other days I do use it more, but when I do I am more focused.

Frank is fine with this month, discovering that people led full lives before "media". Go figure.

To be honest, I think this modified media fast has been a real blessing to our family. I don't foresee too many changes when this month ends.

Marie-Anne

No comments: