Sunday, January 19, 2014

Modified Media Fast- Day 19

I am not a morning person never have been and never claimed to be. Yet for some strange reason the kids love to come snuggle in bed with me while I'm semiconscious. The pets would to, if I let them. I don't let them on the bed so they put their paws on the bed and beg for attention. Why they'd want to be with the grumpy, grouchy Mommie is beyond me.


I had a small group in my class today. We learned about several heroes of faith including Abel, Enoch, Abraham, Deborah... It is sometimes hard to know how much these kids are learning. The younger girls weren't really paying attention and were a bit disruptive.


After church we had friends over for lunch. We really enjoy it. We also invited some first time visitors. I think this is a great way to get to know people and make new friends.


The kids enjoyed playing in the back yard with Chloe. They are giving the dog more attention than the cat. Frank and I have made a point of giving Mr. Cow more attention. The kids will come around after the newness wears off.


After the evening service we had another fellowship. I don't think we have ever had two fellowships at our house in one day, but we had so much food leftover from the party and this morning's fellowship that I suggested to Frank that we invite someone over. The kids were happy that the family we invited also have kids. Alex pulled out a bunch of games and they had fun with those, (the boys are playing battleship in the picture). Sabrina fell asleep at church and she went back to sleep while our guests were still here.
 
As you can tell, today was busy, but happy.
 
Marie-Anne
 






No comments: