Saturday, January 11, 2014

Modified Media Fast- Day 11

Today was a Family Day. Though most of the pictures are of the kids, all four of us were together all day long. It has been a very busy, very good day.



The kids' classes resumed today. Sabrina was thrilled to have a few new girls in her class. Alex's class has shrunk greatly, or perhaps there was just a bunch of absences. Either way, he got one-on-one instruction with Master Ashley for his first class.



During Alex's second class, Sabrina and I went for a walk on the trails behind the rec center. We stopped at the exercise stations along the way. It was hard to do squats on the balance board, but fun.


We came back in for the last half of Alex's second class. Sabrina was bored so we played the Whac-a-Mole card game. We played slow and I let her win- she hasn't quite figured this game out yet.



After lunch we spent a little time walking in our neighborhood meeting new neighbors and inviting them to our party. We finally met another little girl! Though she's a couple of years younger than Sabrina they didn't care they had so much fun that we hated to leave. (P.S. That's our house.)



We all went to the outreach. I had a few people who said they'd like to come to church, some who weren't interested, and one who threatened to shoot me.

She said she wasn't interested. I said, "Have a nice day," and turned to leave. When I knocked on her neighbor's door she came back to the door yelling at me to, "GIT!" I informed her that her neighbor could decide if they wanted me to leave or not. Next thing I knew she was pointing her finger at me like a gun and threatening to get her gun and call the cops. I admit to being nervous- I had no idea if she had a gun in her house or not. I was happy to leave a flier on her neighbor's door and "Git."



Alex and Sabrina were very happy when I told them we could stop at the apartment's play ground. There was a bunch of children there for them to play with. We didn't stay long, but they had a real good time.


Today was Frank's turn to clean the church. We all pitched in; though I didn't help as much as I could have. I started playing around with the microphone and I had an appreciative audience who begged me to keep singing- yeah, it's all the kids' fault...

We also stopped by the library and swung through a drive-thru. Then we spent a relaxing evening at home with the adults reading while the kids played and listened to an audiobook.

Marie-Anne

No comments: