Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Modified Media Fast- Day 6

Yesterday, during the day was hard for me. My house was clean. The kids were doing school. I didn't feel like reading another book. I wondered what people did before technology became such a big part of daily living. Then I realized I have no garden, no livestock, no clothes to make or even mend, no harvest to can... No wonder people today are so glued to screens!

Things got much better for me after Frank got home. We went to Target and Hobby Lobby to get a few things. We weren't gone long, but it was a nice change of pace.


The boys worked on Alex's bike. He just got his bike a week before Christmas, but the plastic piece holding his brake onto the handlebar broke.


I read a bunch of picture books to Sabrina. I read at least ten books, but she kept begging me to read more.


Frank introduced Alex to one of his long forgotten hobbies; painting army men. Alex is looking forward to making paper Mache scenery to go with them. Of course, he's also looking forward to re-enacting some battles.

Maybe it's time to recall some of my long forgotten hobbies too.

Marie-Anne


No comments: