Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Modified Media Fast – Day 8

This morning I spent quite a bit more one-on-one time with Sabrina than usual. First I read a lot of books to her, then I worked with her on some math in her workbook. She did really well, when she was paying attention.

I did spend over my 30 minute limit on the computer today, but most of that time was printing math worksheets for Alex. He got to a point in his math workbook where he needs more help from Frank, his math teacher.


Sabrina put on a very interesting puppet show. She used stick puppets that I made for the kids. I found some cute wooden cutouts at a craft store and glued them to Popsicle sticks. Sometimes I let the kids choose more from the craft section of WalMart. I plan to get some unpainted ones soon for them to design their own.

 
Alex couldn't resist joining in on the fun, but mean Mom that I am- I made him get back to his school work.

 
I did 25 minutes on the Gazelle. My exercise has been practically nonexistent since before we moved. We've been here almost two months- it's high time I started again.


 

When Frank got home we took a short walk around the neighborhood. We got to meet several neighbors and invite them to our neighborhood party that we are hosting next week.
 
 
Sabrina decided to give some of her dress-up clothes to her friend, Mya. I've never seen her so excited to give something away. She kept exclaiming, "Mya's going to be so excited and surprised!"
 
 
Pastor Jones is out of town for the Church Conference so Frank ran the service tonight. He was pretty busy before and after service.
 
 
Frank also played the guitar and led song service. I didn't take any pictures during service, but I did manage to get a few during the practice before service. After the song service the congregation surprised Frank by clapping for him- I don't think he realizes how much the other church members, (myself included) appreciate him and all that he does.
 
Marie-Anne

No comments: