Friday, January 17, 2014

Modified Media Fast- Day 17


Happy 12th anniversary to us! Hard to believe we have been married for 12 years. I am so blessed to be able to honestly say that Frank is still my best friend. I love him sooo much!

This morning Sabrina and I went shopping for the party. It was hard shopping for a party when I had no idea how many guests would come. Alex and Frank stayed home and cleaned. After shopping I prepared some of the food.


We had a few errands to run including the library and grocery store to pick up a forgotten ingredient.



We also had lunch at Joe's Crab Shack. It was our first time eating there and I admit being a little apprehensive about the lack of customers. The food was delicious! It also would be difficult to eat there on a lunch break- so I'm sure they are much busier in the evenings and on weekends. I got the Orleans steampot- my parents must have gotten mild crawfish all these years! It was so spicy that my lips were burning! It was also so good!


Joe's Crab Shack has a play ground so we let the kids play for a few minutes.


After we got home it was back to work for us. I made brownies, fudge, rice krispy treats (not pictured)... We cleaned and set up. We decorated with some wall stickers and decorations I picked up at the Dollar Tree. Frank and I spent some time in prayer for our party and the relationships we want to develop with our neighbors. Then we waited for guests to arrive.



We continued to wait. The kids were literally sitting in their windows watching for guests who didn't come. Finally thirty minutes after the start time we decided that we would have the best family night ever! Of course, we were disappointed, but the kids were depending on us to make it right. The girls watched the boys play table tennis. Well, we watched Alex smack the ball into Frank without hitting the table at all. Then we played with the kids in their rooms.

Then there was a knock on the door. Our next door neighbor and her son arrived. We haven't really got to talk to her too much, except hi and bye. It was nice to get to chat with her and get to know her a little bit. She wasn't able to stay too long, but she came. A little while later two of Frank's co-workers came. One of them brought her spouse.


After chatting for a bit they played some games. The kids were begging me to play with them. It was tough because I wanted to be with the adults, but since the only other kid left and they were so excited about tonight I did play with them. We moved into the room where the other adults were and I listened in on the conversation while trying to still play with the kids.

No, things did not work out as we planned. We spent days introducing ourselves and inviting our neighbors. We spent hours cleaning. I did way too much baking and spent way too much for the amount of people we had. Yet, we did enjoy our time with those who came. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed, but all in all it's been a good day. It's also been a tiring day, I'm going to bed.

Marie-Anne


No comments: