Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Modified Media Fast- Day 1

Happy New Year! As I already mentioned we are kicking our New Year off with a Modified Media Fast. This post is the only time I have been on-line today, I don't think Frank has been on-line at all.


This morning the kids went out back to play right after breakfast. They stayed outside until right before lunch when they came in for showers. They were so dusty that when I touched them there was a literal cloud of dust. After lunch one of the neighborhood boys knocked on the door. The kids went out front until dark. Yes, they were outside practically ALL DAY, and they had so much fun!


While they were occupied, Frank and I spent the day reading. When I got tired of reading I did five games of Serpentiles, a logic game. I also organized my pantry. Then I read some more until time for church. After church we ate at Panda Express. When we got home Alex and Frank read. Sabrina did puzzles and I organized her puzzles.


I saw this idea a while back on pinterest: I cut the picture off the puzzle box and put it along with the puzzle pieces in a ziplock bag. I wrote the same thing,( 1 or a smiley face...) on the back of each piece of the puzzle and on the back of the picture to make it easier to figure out where lost pieces will go.
 

I was able to fit 30 puzzles into a 16 quart container. It freed up quite a bit of space on our game shelves. This container will be kept out of Sabrina's reach, but where I can switch out her puzzle for the day quite easily. Almost all of these puzzles came from the Dollar Tree.

Everyone else is in bed and now I'm about to go to bed myself, it's been a good day.

Marie-Anne

No comments: