Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Modified Media Fast- Day 14

This morning I got to sleep in! My Shadow did crawl into bed with me, but she fell back asleep.

 
With the exception of the early hours, long commute, 20+ kids, and bullies; I tried to make today more like a “regular” school day for Alex. He has never experienced a “regular” school day. In picture books they almost always make school sound so appealing. I told the kids that there isn't a teacher in the world like Mrs. Frizzle. He isn't liking the time limit for breakfast, having to stay seated, raising his hand to speak, not getting to choose the order of his work, being told to sit still, and homework.... Alex did like having a set time for lunch with time to play if he chose. (I like that he didn't take forever eating like he normally does.)
 
 
He also liked being able to play in the back yard. Dirt seems to be the best toy in the whole world.

Alex took an on-line reading assessment and scored the highest level of 8th grade. The test only went to 8th grade. Maybe I can find one for high school.


Sabrina was also busy with puzzles, cutting, lacing cards, using tongs with marbles, coloring, lacing buttons, matching worksheets...

 
 
Sabrina picked a bouquet for me from the backyard. Isn't she sweet!
 
Sabrina and I went to Target to pick up a few things. I narrowly adverted disaster- Sabrina saw someone with, “mad scientist hair” and kept talking about him. We ended up on the same aisle with a teen who had an Afro. I literally covered Sabrina's mouth as I put the cart into hyper-drive so that she wouldn't hear about the mad scientist hair.

 
When I got back from Target John was there to help Frank fix the plumbing. They were able to get our shower fixed. Yippee! Now all the water will come from the shower not half from the shower and half from the tub spout.


Mr. Cow did not like the noise of the saw one bit. He also gets nervous when we have guests.


This evening I spent some time reading to Sabrina.
 
 
Alex also wanted me to read to him. So after Sabrina was in bed I did just that. We are in the middle of a chapter book that is way above Sabrina's level.

As you look at the pictures from today you'll notice an interesting phenomenon; Sabrina's multiple outfits. Sometimes that girl changes five or six times a day.

Marie-Anne

No comments: