Thursday, December 8, 2016

Doug and Marla's Visit- Games

My parents came to visit us over Thanksgiving weekend! They drove and arrived on Thanksgiving Day in time to share our feast. We also had a neighbor's family over too. Frank cooked the turkey. I cooked a ham, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, pies...  Thanksgiving was great fun, but sorry, no pics, (we were too busy living in the moment to even think about pictures).



We did enjoy lots of games while they were here. They really enjoyed Nacho Loco, so much so that  I gave them a copy to keep. It is a fun, fast paced, card game. We played this game multiple times while they were here.


I had fun introducing Mom to other games such as Qwirkle.


I also had the pleasure of introducing her to Hey That's My Fish! We used one of Alex's nerf type bullets with a suction cup. He warned us not to break it, then he started playing around with it and broke it.


Alex was excited to share Settlers of Catan with my Mom. (I think I need to read the rules before we play again because Alex, who has played this game a lot more than I have explained the rules. I think he is leaving some things out because it doesn't live up to the hype the way we played.)


Sabrina was happy to teach Nana how to play one of her favorite games; Sushi Go! Mom really liked it and she will get the opportunity to play again since I got a copy of it for my sister and her family.


My Mom loves Triominos and so do I. Naturally we played that one as well.

We had a great time and made some fun memories.

Marie-Anne

No comments: