Sunday, December 13, 2015

Game Night


Our first game was Monkey Dunk, which is one of the games I recently picked up at the thrift store. The object of the game is to flip the monkeys into the "ponds". All players play at the same time and you get a point for each monkey that lands in the pond.

This game is labeled as a preschool game, but I disagree because we all had to practice and the kids had a difficult time figuring out how to flip the monkeys. The instructions even say to practice, but if my 7 and 11 year old had a hard time I am sure it would be too difficult for a preschooler.

However, now that they have figured it out we all agree it was pretty fun.


We also played Sequence States and Capitals. This is a great game for learning the states and capitals. I think I will add a map of the U.S.A. to the game box so they can also learn where the states are on a map. Alex has taught Sabrina a lot of countries using a map on the school room wall, so I am sure they will enjoy learning states as well.

Marie-Anne

No comments: