Friday, January 30, 2009

Valley of Temptation

The other day I was at Wal-Mart walking through the toy clearance aisle. It seemed like every toy Alex wants was there at a good discount. I called Frank and said, “Lo though I walk through the valley of temptation I will spend no money without talking to you.” We decided to buy some out of this paycheck and save them for b-day or Christmas. Then I was talking to my Dad and he said he was going to get Alex some Planet Heroes so I told him I could get them on clearance for $5 each so Alex got some of those too.

This budgeting stuff really makes you stop and think. Always before I would have just got some and put them up for Christmas, but this time I knew it wasn’t in the budget. Our goal of someday owning a house won’t come true if I nickel and dime money we could be saving. At the same time, I’m glad our budget isn’t so rigid that I couldn’t ever get things not in the budget. We talked about it and decided together to budget a certain amount this paycheck for the toys.

Marie-Anne

No comments: