Saturday, January 17, 2009

Alex learns about money

Alex has been saving his money for months to buy a GeoTrax toy. Today I found the most expensive one that he wants on clearance for half off! Instead of being $55 it was $27. I got it, but Alex doesn’t know. When he has enough to pay for it we’ll give it to him. So far he has about $12.

I think it is very good for him to learn at an early age to set a financial goal and work toward it. When I was a kid I would have spent my money on some impulse and certainly never have saved as much as Alex has, (remember he is earning a quarter or fifty cents at a time). So I am pleasantly surprised at his ability to say this toy is the one I want and to resist the impulse to buy another one that he already has the money for.

Marie-Anne

No comments: