Friday, January 2, 2009

My Montessori Journey

In looking for ideas for homeschooling Alex I came across a blog called My Montessori Journey. It has a lot of neat ideas for developing hand-eye coordination and for developing fine motor skills as well as many other ideas. Most of these use simple and cheap things we can easily do at home. For example I got the idea of stringing beads onto pipe cleaners from this website, (in Sunday School we did this to make Christmas ornaments). Today we used tweezers to pick up snowflake buttons that I got on clearance and put them into rinsed out creamer cups. Alex also used one of his toys from his doctor set to pick up pompoms and put them into a cup. He enjoyed these new “games” and spent quite a while doing them, with Sabrina and me watching.

At the moment I do not have many of the things used in these activities, but I will be adding to my “collection” until we are able to do many of them. Of course I will keep them for Sabrina when she is old enough.

Marie-Anne

No comments: