Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mini daycare

I had to have lab work so I knew I’d be there a while (always are). At first I thought of asking a friend to watch Alex, but I ended up just taking him. Of course, I packed his backpack with books, flash cards, lacing cards, a coloring book, fruit snacks, and a drink. There would be no way Alex would be able to sit still that long.

There was a little girl who was terrified and screamed in the waiting room. I had Alex give her the crayons and coloring book- that totally calmed her down. She came over to where we were sitting with her brother then two other girls got coloring sheets too. Alex was happy and told them they were his friends. Although I hadn’t planned on it I was running a mini daycare in the waiting room. I didn’t mind at all and the kids were happy, but I did wonder why the parents brought nothing for them to do with such a long wait.

Marie-Anne

No comments: