Saturday, August 16, 2008

Cheap, but good curriculum

Today my wonderful husband watched Alex while I went wherever I wanted-so sweet! One of my stops was the Dollar Tree where I found some great pre-k and 1st grade workbooks. Unfortunately, a lady just got the last pre-k workbook, but I did get 2 copies of all of the 1st grade workbooks.

Later I went to the other Dollar Tree and was able to get all of the pre-k workbooks. They also had some awesome Planet Earth workbooks and flash cards. I spent over my budget getting the other workbooks so all I got was a pack of sea animal flash cards. I prayed that they’d still have them when I go back. And I will be back ASAP!

I’ve looked at some packaged pre-k and Kindergarten curriculum and I decided that I can give Alex and Sabrina a quality education using the dollar store workbooks (among other things) until 1st grade for a whole lot cheaper. Then I’ll look into the packaged curriculum again and decide if we will use it.

Marie-Anne

No comments: