Friday, August 29, 2008

Documentation

Even though I won’t be officially homeschooling Alex until he’s almost six, because he wouldn’t enter kindergarten until then, I started documenting our preschool. I started documenting coinciding with the start of the school year. I’m doing this for several reasons; there’s a push in some states to make preschool mandatory, we may move to a state that requires more documentation than Nevada does, (though we have no plans of moving), it is good practice for when I do have to document our lessons, and it’s a way to keep up with what Alex has learned.

For now our lessons are very short and normally end when Alex gets bored. He is three after all. Some of our lessons are things I plan out and some of our lessons are answers to questions Alex asks or based on his interests.

Marie-Anne

No comments: