Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy birthday to my wonderful husband!



Today is my wonderful husband’s birthday. How can we show him just how much we love him? Well, last night I gathered as many pictures with him in them as I could. I decorated all the doors in the hallway and put some in frames around the house. I typed up a love note and placed it by one of the pictures. I labeled the hall as memory lane. Then I added streamers and some over the hill banners, (even though he’s not THAT old). The laundry room door is decorated in an Over the Hill poster surrounded by pictures. I told Alex it was a Papa museum and Alex asked if we could have an Alex museum for his b-day next month, maybe it will become a tradition.

Step two of my plan was a secret, but he figured it out. I e-mailed and called the leaders of our church and told them it was his birthday. So Frank got calls from Rev. and Sis. Kekel, Rev. Ashmore, Rev. Wright, Rev. Johnson, Pastor Davis, Rev. Malone, Rev. Olsen, and of course from our family. He was surprised by all the calls, but he figured that I had something to do with it after the 11th call.

Of course no b-day party is complete without birthday cake so we had some, (after being on sugar busters for so long it was too much sugar, but Alex and Sabrina will enjoy the rest). I also found some over-sized party hats at the dollar store and bought 4.

For Frank's birthday he is giving men and women in our community the chance to come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Frank and a man from church are out inviting people to church where they can learn how to have a relationship with God.

Frank said that it has been the best birthday he’s had since becoming an adult. We love you, honey!

Marie-Anne

No comments: