Thursday, October 22, 2009

Outdoor Hour Challenge # 3



Yesterday we did the third challenge at Hollywood Recreation Center’s park. While we ate lunch we watched a stinkbug climbing a fence. After we ate we walked outside the playground. I asked Alex what he heard, “the birds going tweet-tweet-tweet and the leaves blowing.” Then I asked him what he felt, “the sun and the wind.”

We did a tree rubbing, a rock rubbing, and a leaf rubbing. I was going to have him draw something he saw, but he was too impatient to play with the other kids at the playground. We stayed at the playground for several hours. Alex baked me a “salt and pepper cake” made of sand before we left.

Marie-Anne

1 comment:

Barb said...

Thanks for sharing your nature study. I think that putting words to your experiences is something we all work on for a long time. Rubbings are also a great tool with nature study and it sounds like you did quite a few.

Looking forward to your next study,
Barb-Harmony Art Mom