Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekly Game Day

I grew up with 50 million brothers and sisters, but we didn’t play board games often. Looking back, it was a lot of fun when we did play. I wonder why we didn’t play board games more often.

I am trying to implement a weekly game night. I want for us to have a time where Frank and I spend time together with the kids doing something on their level, then after their bedtime we can play games we like. Alex loves playing games with us and best of all we are making memories that will last a lifetime.

I have a growing collection of preschool games. Since I buy them on clearance or at a thrift store or yard sale the most I’ve paid for a game is $5. I have learned that if you buy used to make sure all pieces are there. It is very disappointing to get home and realize half the pieces are missing, especially if the child picked out the game.

Marie-Anne

1 comment:

Mama Erin said...

Great idea! Alex is such a smart, sweet kids. And Sabrina isn't old enough yet to eat the pieces or fight with Alex about the rules.
5 MILLION brothers and sisters have fun (and fights). Ya'll did other stuff together.
It is good to implement this now - while they are young - it'll make it easier to continue later.
Love ya! Erin