Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A day of Home school

(Disclaimer: Every day is different. We use a lot of different things like; workbooks, leap pad, DVDs, games, books… )

We started this morning’s homeschool with the 101 Things to Know About Math workbook. Alex did 10 pages on shapes. Of course Alex already knows his shapes, but he does need to work on the following directions and he had to draw the shapes. Alex did two more pages than I had planned and he wanted to keep going. Alex did 4 pages of the Super Deluxe Preschool Scholar on writing lowercase letters.

After a snack break I read to both kids. Then Alex quickly did two puzzles that he hasn’t seen in at least 6 months. Next Alex wanted to do some mazes so I printed off several for him to do. (Alex loves mazes.) The mazes were way too easy for him. Then he wanted a Bible maze so I found one that I had a lesson already prepared for and Alex announced it was too easy as well.

We took a break for lunch then had the bible lesson: One Leper Says Thank You. Since Alex wanted more mazes I printed off 4 more mazes for him, (these apparently were either too hard or Alex lost interest because he didn’t do any of them right.)

While Sabrina is taking a nap I sent Alex upstairs to watch a DVD of his choice, Bill Nye the Science Guy. I mainly sent him up so he doesn’t wake her, but also so I can get some housework done.

Marie-Anne

No comments: