Saturday, June 9, 2018

Mother-Daughter time

This morning the boys had Father-Son time while Sabrina and I had Mother-Daughter time.


We went to Barnes and Noble. I told her she could get 2 books, but how do you say no when she begs for a third children's classic? So, I got her the Classic Starts versions of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Pollyanna, and White Fang. (I highly recommend the Classic Starts books, Sabrina has read many of them. They are written at a 5th grade level. We also have the originals to most of these books, but it will be a few years before she is ready to read them on her own.)

She got a snack and I got a drink from the Cafe. We sat outside and very dramatically came up with ideas for a skit about Queen Mouse wanting to know why she wasn't in the movie. Then we cut other characters one by one until, only the scarecrow, corn, and crows remained. Then I asked why we need the scarecrow. Great fun, but I am sure the other lady there thought I was nuts.  

We stopped at Toys R Us, where I got some stocking stuffers for Alex and a set of Batgirl headphones for Sabrina, thanks to their Going Out of Business Sale. For lunch we had Taco Bell. 

I certainly enjoyed this time with just Sabrina. 


Marie-Anne

No comments: