Friday, October 28, 2016

Homeschool Club- Archery

We joined a Keepers and Contenders Club that a friend from the homeschool group started. It is similar to scouts in that the kids can earn badges for learning different skills. I was really excited when I was invited to join this club because I want for Alex and Sabrina to learn hands on skills.



We have met multiple times at Bass Pro Shop for archery. They are improving and I also think it is good that they see other kids they like also learning archery.



Another skill they are learning is using a sewing machine. Truthfully, I was a bit surprised that they got to make something the very first time. They sewed bags for foster kids to use when switching homes.




We took a field trip to Gilcrease Orchard, where the kids got to learn about gardening.

We have also met for a few park days. The Keepers and Contenders Club has a lot more learning coming up.

Marie-Anne

No comments: