Saturday, February 27, 2010

Guys' Night Out




Monday, Alex and I headed out by ourselves. He was going to get "Papa time", just me and him. Getting off work, I was boyishly excited about hanging out with my son and doing "guy stuff". Alex and I went to the Bass Pro Shop and had a blast. Bass Pro Shop? It is not just a tackle shop connected to a gas station, but a gigantic 16,000 sq ft building of boats, stuffed animals, and cool gear to look at. Alex just had to climb into every single boat and pretend to be the captain and/or driver, and naturally, Papa had to climb in with him! We spent well over an hour there and never got through half the store.
Afterward, I treated Alex to the finest restaurant of his choice. Thankfully for my wallet, his choice is predictable, and he gets fries or apple dippers with his happy meal!

--Frank

No comments: