Friday, March 31, 2017

Dust Storm

Our perfect weather for the gold mine tour and the Colorado River did not last. As we were leaving the Colorado River the wind picked up. It got so bad that I was scared as we drove down the windy road with steep sides and no shoulder. I was fighting the wind to stay in my lane and on the road. I was so thankful when we finally made it back to the smooth, flat highway.



And then we entered the worst dust storm I have ever seen. Not even the ones I saw in Saudi Arabia compared to this. So glad we were on the highway and for the white lines. Normally, we can see for miles where Alex took these pictures. It is perfectly flat with mountains in the distance.


It got so bad at one point that I could not see the truck in front of me. Thankfully I knew it was there. Once I was able to see the truck again I kept my hazards on and stayed right behind him. I felt sorry for the group of motorcyclists who headed into the worst of the storm as I came out of it.

Marie-Anne

No comments: