Friday, February 17, 2017

Acacia Park




The kids and I went to Acacia Park despite it being overcast and chilly. we spent a little while at the playground.





I knew that this park has a demonstration garden, but we have never been to it before. So we set off to find it. Most of the plants are in winter mode; however the animals were out and about. We saw lots of rabbits, birds, and ground squirrels.


These aren't chipmunks like I had thought. They are White-tailed Antelope Squirrels. Normally we see one or two, but in the rocks, near the trail there were at least 16! It appears that they are used to being fed because they came quite close; closer than I was comfortable with. (I have seen a poster of someone's hand after they were attacked by the rock squirrels at a National Park.)

Marie-Anne

No comments: