Thursday, December 26, 2013

Game Night

Tonight, we tried out several of the new games we got for Christmas.


Our first game was our new Trouble game. As I mentioned in my last post; it is very cheaply made, but the game itself is still fun. It is a bit long for a certain five year old so maybe it will be a game for the three older Rendla's for now.


Next up was another new game, Don't Rock the Boat. It is a balancing game. Each player takes turns trying to place a penguin on the pirate boat without tipping it. Or that is how it is supposed to be played. The kids took great delight in making it tip which greatly annoyed me. If they try to actually follow the rules it will be a fun game.


We followed that up with our version of Sequence for Kids. We had a good time, but nobody won. I found the directions before we moved, but the games were already packed- hopefully I'll find them again.


Last, but not least was the much loved Berenstain Bears Learn to Share Game!

Game Night {{sigh}} how I want to love it. Yet, I get so frustrated when the kids won't listen or follow the rules or when they jump around and knock the board over... I am always glad when we have game night and I am always glad when it is over.

Marie-Anne




No comments: