Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Marjorie Barrick Museum of Natural History and playlands

Today I NEEDED to get out of the house. Alex and I went to Marjorie Barrick Museum of Natural History at the university. We got lost on campus. It was totally confusing even with a map. Finally we found it. It was okay, but I don’t think we’ll go back. To call it a natural history museum is misleading because it was mostly Indian artifacts and pictures of birds. Alex flew through the museum, but he loved the tortoise and snake in the lobby. He watched them for quite a while. The gardens were nice and Alex had fun running over the bridges. Alex took his first pictures there and I’m looking forward to seeing them; especially the one he insisted of taking of dirt.

After we finally found our way off campus we went to the mall for the sole purpose of going to the indoor play area and the bookstore. Alex climbed on the house and declared himself to be Buzz Lightyear before leaping off. After Alex played for 30 minutes I read 8 books to him.

Next we went to McDonald’s. I had to make Alex eat before playing or I knew he wouldn’t eat. I did NOT like the demonic looking toy so I tried to exchange it. I didn’t care if he ended up with a toddler toy or a girl toy, but that was all they had so I left it. Another mom was trying to exchange it too. I got bored while Alex played for over an hour. (I wish I’d brought a book, but I wasn’t planning on going there.) Alex, of course had a blast- we normally don’t stay that long.

Next Alex wanted to go across the street to Barnes and Nobles because they have a Thomas the Tank Engine train set. Alex played for a while then I read 5 books to him. Right before we left Alex was choosing books for me to read from a spinner rack. He spun it a little too hard and books flew everywhere. He didn’t expect that and I couldn’t help laughing as we picked them up. Needless to say he fell asleep almost as soon as we got in the car.

If you ever hear Alex say we don’t do anything with him or for him have him read this post!

Marie-Anne

No comments: