Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Homeschool Group Co-op

Our second semester of Co-op has come to an end. We have learned a lot and have made some wonderful friendships. Another perk is that I got to know my kids friends and their families.


Part of my duties this semester have been to watch the preschoolers during their open play time. It didn't take long for them to warm up to me once they discovered I like puppets. After that every time I entered the room they immediately dove for the puppets.



I started out as a helper in the Manners Class, but took over when the teacher moved. I was thrown into it and had to not only learn what I was teaching, but gain the respect of the class. I was totally out of my comfort zone. I grew a lot by the experience and ended up enjoying it, mostly, (at times I felt they weren't learning anything).


Once again I was a helper in Sabrina's art class. It was a lot of fun and a lot of work, especially when we used paint. There were several times when kids would get upset if a project didn't turn out perfect and one boy who thought most of it was too hard, so I got to spend a bit of time encouraging them to try anyway.



Both Alex and Sabrina love co-op. They didn't want to miss a day and often talked me into joining their friends at the play ground across the street once we were done for the day.

Marie-Anne

No comments: