Saturday, September 1, 2012

God's Perfect Plan



One of the ladies brought these flowers for us.

We have decided to open our home to our neighbors for a home Bible Study. We made flyers and knocked on the doors in our neighborhood. Many people were interested. Last night we met for the first time and five people showed up. I have to admit, I thought it would be mostly kids, but they were all adults. We knew one couple already,(from when Frank was a pastor) but the others were neighbors that we had just met. It was also their first time meeting each other.

I have often missed the way I grew up where I knew all my neighbors and often visited them, with or without my parents. (Of course, I was related to most of them somehow or another.) It is not that way here, most people keep to themselves and there is not a sense of community. God has shown us that we can create a sense of community where ever we are. It is up to us to reach out to our neighbors to create the sense of community we desire.

Please pray for us and our neighbors that we'd grow closer to God and to each other.

Marie-Anne

No comments: