Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Dixie National Forest



On the way home from Bryce Canyon we stopped at Dixie National Forrest. While Frank took a nap the kids and I explored.



First we explored the visitor's center. The kids enjoyed the hands-on activites. After a while, Alex asked if they offered a Jr. Ranger Program. Although they don't, the ranger gave him a bird list with pictures.






Of course, we had to go out and try to find those birds. We chose a trail and blazed it, (we were being bold explorers after all).






We were much too loud to actually spot any birds, but we had fun.



When Frank woke up he didn't know where we were so he became a search and rescue party of one. I did wake him up to tell him where we'd be, but I guess he didn't wake up enough to actually remember that.

We drove through Dixie National Forrest and I fell in love with it. I want for us to go camping there someday, maybe in the Spring...

Marie-Anne

No comments: