Monday, June 29, 2009

Magic Tree House

I kept seeing the Magic Tree House books at Savers and a few weeks ago I bought one just to see what it is. The series is about a brother and sister who find a magic tree house and are whisked away to another time in history. It was a pretty cute book and very fast paced so I decided to get some for Alex. I found out that there are non-fiction research guides to go along with the books and I got pretty excited about getting this series for Alex.

I found two of the research guides at the Salvation Army when I was looking for bookshelves. I read the entire pirate one to Alex today; it’s over 100 pages! Then tonight I went to Savers to see if they still had any and got Alex the first four books. (The fourth book is the one that goes with the Pirate research guide.) Alex had me read the entire first book to him tonight! He wanted me to start the next one, but it was his bedtime. Alex is even more excited about these books than he is about The Magic School Bus.

Marie-Anne

No comments: