Monday, June 29, 2009

Father's Day

We celebrated Father’s Day on Monday because we were busy Sunday. We got Frank several short sleeve shirts and I let Alex wear them to give them to Frank, (of course I took pictures). They came past Alex’s knees- so cute!

When Frank got off Monday I had pretty much everything ready for us to go to Lake Mead to BBQ. At first we went to where the coyotes are, but one came right up to the car with no fear at all and the poor thing looked very hungry it was so skinny. We decided hunger might make it dangerous so we went to another part of the park.

We unloaded the car and then realized I remembered everything, but matches! Oh, no! Frank tried using Alex’s magnifying glass to start a fire, but all it did was smoke and he tried using the car’s cigarette lighter, but it didn’t work either. I felt so bad.

We decided to make the best of it and went on a nature hike. We saw quail and tried to get close enough for a picture, but couldn’t. Alex got to take pictures with one camera while I had another. Then we went to the water and let Alex throw rocks while I set Sabrina in the sand for a few pictures. She discovered she doesn’t like the taste of sand.

Even though we weren’t able to BBQ it was a great Family day.

Marie-Anne

No comments: