Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Read-Aloud Handbook

Elexa e-mailed me about the Read-Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease. I vaguely remember hearing the title so I checked it out from the library. I’m only on page 50, but it makes such a good case for reading aloud that I am going to devote even more time to reading to the kids. I started reading to Alex from beginner chapter books. Since we are studying bugs I will be reading to him from a great book my mom got called Fun With Nature Take-Along Guide, (This book will increase his vocabulary. These words are in the Introduction: metamorphosis, nymph, sleeker, larva, and chrysalis).

(I started reading the first Jigsaw Jones Mystery: The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster {think Hardy Boys for 1st and 2nd graders} yesterday and Alex has had me five chapters in two days! Tomorrow we will start on page 35.)

Marie-Anne

No comments: