Sunday, February 8, 2009

Phoenix in February

Yesterday we drove to Phoenix, Az for a fellowship meeting. It was great! Pastor and Sister Davis, Rev. and Sister Kekel, Rev. and Sister Wright, Rev. and Sister Ashmore and so many others were there! The great thing about New Testament Christian Church is we are a family. You can go to any church and just meet the congregation and it is like being with family.

The trip was good Sabrina slept most of the way and Alex had stuff to keep him busy. (I packed his backseat organizer with new and interesting things.) However, when we got there Alex had just fallen asleep and threw a fit because there wasn’t Children’s Church and Sabrina started crying. I thought oh no, I can’t deal with this. So I took them to the nursery. Frank noticed that all the other kids were in the sanctuary so he came and got me. I am so glad he did!

Rev. Kekel preached Stating the Obvious about how we need to be reminded of things we already know.

After church we met in the fellowship hall for a wonderful feast. Alex was thrilled that he had other kids to play with in the nursery. Everyone cooed over Sabrina. Frank and I both got to talk with a lot of friends. It was great and well worth the drive.

On the way home Alex slept the entire way and Sabrina screamed for 35 minutes then fell asleep. I got to talk to Frank and enjoyed just being with my husband.

No comments: