Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

How do you celebrate Valentine’s Day? Leave a comment, please. I want to make it a fun family holiday and I want your ideas.

Until this year we haven’t really celebrated it. This year I decorated with hearts everywhere. I have felt hearts hanging from the ceiling and I printed off candy hearts on pretty paper and taped them all over the wall. I also have a decorative flag with hearts in the kitchen. We each will get a little gift $5 or less. I bought a couple of plastic candy-filled hearts that I will hide. I may even make it into a scavenger hunt. (I chose these because I can use them every year). We will play games and have pizza bread on fancy plates. (After Valentine’s Day I’ll get more decorations for next year.)

On the educational side Alex is making a Valentine’s Day lapbook and he will be making Valentines for family, (mostly cut and paste). I want to keep it fun.

Marie-Anne

No comments: