Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mom's Visit

My Mom got here Friday and left yesterday. Alex called her, “my Nana,” of course she loved that! Alex loved all the attention from her. On Sunday, Mother’s Day, we had a potluck at church and everyone raved about Mom’s chicken and dumplings, (but they were not as good as Mamaw’s).

Monday we went to Hoover Dam and stopped at Lake Mead to let Alex throw rocks into the water. He had a blast. Alex got his shoes and pants soaked. We all enjoyed it. It was very windy and I brought bubbles that Alex chased, but couldn’t catch.

Later we stopped at a park near our house. Frank got Alex’s kite out, but Alex wasn’t really interested, (he had a friend to play with). Frank had a blast with the kite! I thought I was buying it for Alex, but I was wrong. Frank thanked me for spending that dollar. It was the best dollar I spent.

When we dropped my Mom off at the airport Alex asked why she had to go and he kept asking her if she liked his house. Every plane he saw on the way home was Nana’s plane.

Marie-Anne

No comments: