Saturday, May 24, 2008

Memorial Day

We decorated for Memorial Day today. I hung a banner that says “United we Stand,” and hung up some American flag cutouts. Alex told Frank where he wanted the patriotic bows. I also got some American flag picture frames that I will put pictures of the family members who served in the military.

Frank and I are both veterans. His sister Cassandra is in the Army. My brother Paul is in the Army, my brother Michael is in the Navy, and my brother-in-law Barron is in the Army National Guard. Frank’s Aunt Jeannette was in the Army(?). We both have grandparents who served in the military also.

We want to make Memorial Day (and other Patriotic holidays) more than just a time for BBQ for our family. Yes, we will use Memorial Day for a family day, but we will also teach our children about the sacrifices of the military and the true meaning of the holiday.

Marie-Anne

No comments: