Saturday, December 15, 2018

Tracking Volunteer Hours

If your child needs to track hours for volunteering, sports, scholarships, or anything; find out what the organization’s system is and track as you go. Also don't wait to ask for letters of recommendation.

I just found out that the volunteer coordinator we have been working with for ten months is no longer there and since our off-site volunteer hours weren't properly tracked we won't get credit for them. I didn't know she was leaving so I never got a letter of recommendation from her. She was going to validate Alex's volunteer work for the Congressional Award. (Thankfully, Alex's adviser can validate his work for the Congressional Award.)

I thought that my records were enough, but I was wrong. I don't want that to happen to you.

Marie-Anne

Update:

I brought copies of my tracking of our volunteer hours and talked to the main Volunteer Coordinator. Thankfully she is able to use my records. So, we will still get credit! Going forward we will be using both my records and their tracking system. 

No comments: