Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Game Night


Tonight was game night! Our first game is a game that we haven't played before. I mistakenly thought Zingo was a game for older kids, so I'm glad the kids got it out tonight. It's a twist on the traditional Bingo. Each player has a card with pictures. The dealer reveals two tiles at a time. The first player to call out the picture that matches his card wins that tile. The first player to completely fill his card wins. Sabrina needed lots of help, but I think she'll do fine once she has a better understanding of the rules.


Our next game was our version of Sequence for Kids. As I said last game night, we got our game used and without instructions. We like our version of the game very much and we played it several times.


We also played the Whac-a-Mole card game. This is a super fast paced game so I didn't get any pictures of us actually playing. Sabrina isn't nearly fast enough to compete with Alex, but she likes to play against me. I take this game with me when we fly- it's great for when you have to wait somewhere with kids. I found this game at the dollar store and bought enough to give in the Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes last year.


Our last game was Scrabble Alphabet Soup. This is a fun game, but Sabrina is really too young- let's just say tiles were flying everywhere. She only played once. Alex really likes this one so the rest of us played it twice.

Marie-Anne

No comments: