Sunday, May 2, 2010

Conference April 2010

Monday:



We made it! Wow! Everything is so GREEN! Not only that, but there are so many shades of green. I am just drinking it in with my eyes. It is so good to see friends we haven’t seen in a very long time.

Tuesday:





I babysat today. After the morning service I walked with Alex and Sabrina around the ponds behind the hotel. It is so pretty back there. We saw a turtle, earthworms, snakes, frogs, and birds. Alex didn’t believe me that I saw a snake until I showed him one. Later we walked again with Frank.

Alex and I found seed pods that look like they have one wing. We tossed them and watched them spin. I explained why they are designed that way. Alex also had a lot of fun with an earthworm- something he hasn’t seen in Vegas. The nature is so different from Nevada and Washington. I love it!

For lunch we met friends at the Junction then we walked over to the (small) Bass Pro Shop to look at the alligator.

Wednesday:

The morning service was a hilarious skit. I told the sister sitting beside me that I hadn’t laughed that much in my life.

For lunch we were invited to a big BBQ. Alex loved the playground and the kids to play with. Sabrina was not so thrilled to be kept with Mommy after I realized the playground was for older kids.



Later Alex and I walked around the ponds again. Frank held Alex up to see the bird nest on top of our air conditioner. Alex is absolutely fascinated with earthworms. He spent a long time just watching and holding an earthworm.

Thursday:

The last day of Conference. It always goes by so fast. It has been a tremendous blessing.

Friday:

We stopped at a play ground in a very small town, but still bigger than Bentley! Then we went to Mark Twain Caves. We toured the cave featured in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. It was Alex’s first time being in a cave. We really enjoyed it, except Sabrina. She wanted to get out of the stroller and run. She also fell asleep before the end of the tour.




After the tour we drove to Lover’s Leap, (I think every cliff uses this story). It was an absolutely beautiful view of the Mississippi River. After a few minutes we drove to the lighthouse for a photo-op. People weren’t allowed inside. I would have loved to stay longer, but we heard thunder.

After driving to St. Louis we walked the mall next to our hotel. The kids got to play in the play area.

Saturday:



After breakfast we went to the St. Louis Zoo. (It’s free, but many attractions cost money. We stuck to the free part.) Our favorite part was the gorilla that “attacked” Alex. It repeatedly ran and jumped hitting the glass where Alex was standing. Frank pointed out a sign that said to neither look directly at the gorilla nor to make loud noise, which, of course, Alex was.



After it got hot we went to the Science Center which is also free and near the zoo. We spent about an hour there. The kids played with Legos and building stuff.



(Tip: When you have a one-year-old who’s the size of a three-year-old pay for her to have her own seat on the plane.)

Marie-Anne

No comments: