Saturday, April 10, 2010

I Found Jesus!

From Frank: The husband of church member and I went to an auto parts store and Alexander tagged along with us. As we were making our way to the back of the store where we could order parts, Alexander was distracted by some Hotwheels © displayed on one of the shelves. Leaving him to gawk at the toys, we men proceeded to the counter to talk with the clerk.

After a minute or so, Alexander, from behind us exclaimed loudly, “I found Jesus!” We all froze and did an about-face. All my hopes for my son as a Christian father flashed before my eyes: salvation of my son, a life dedicated to serving God and helping people. Oh, the joy and hope I experienced in that moment! As I focused on Alex, he was holding something in his hand, a metal car decal shaped as a silhouette of Jesus! I have to admit that, it was not what I was expecting, but at least Alex recognized who’s image he was looking at.

1 comment:

Frizz said...

too funny, honey!

Marie-Anne