Monday, March 8, 2010

Springs Preserve

Saturday we took advantage of Bank of America’s Museums on Us program to go to Springs Preserve. It is a wonderful museum. Almost every exhibit was hands on. It is about conservation and living in the desert. There are outdoor parts as well as several buildings. We did not see it all.



Alex’s favorite part was “the outside part; I loved it.” He really enjoyed putting foam pieces together to make the buildings. Sabrina loved the sand box. Frank’s favorite part was the erosion exhibit where we built a mountain of sand then turn on the water to see it wash away. That was also one of my favorites and the flash flood.



People can bring in nature items, such as, rocks, pinecones, shells… and trade them in for other nature things. I read about this on their website so I had Alex collect things. He had a hard time deciding on what he wanted; there was a whole wall of things to choose from. Finally he got a mold of a coyote track and one of a fox track.



We are planning on going back. I am also planning on going with friends. I highly recommend this museum.

Marie-Anne

No comments: