Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was nice. We had Cornish Game hens and really enjoyed the time together as a family. It was a good day of rest and family. In the evening, we had a Thanksgiving Service and more people came than I expected. It was a lovely service. We sang songs of thanksgiving and then, we all shared what we are thankful for and more than one person got a little misty eyed as we told of God’s goodness.
I have so much to be thankful for, but the thing I am most thankful for is that when I didn’t even love myself, God loved me. When I didn’t think of myself as someone who was loveable God sent His Son to die on a cross to take my sins away and make me His child. – Marie
I am thankful to God because he counted me faithful calling into the ministry. I am glad HE didn’t give me an IQ test or a physical endurance exam but simply counted me faithful. He has provided for our little family and me and I can rest in confidence that all is and will be well. -- Frank

No comments: