Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Family Day at the Mall

Yesterday was family day so we packed up the stroller and headed for the mall. The mall has a kids’ play area and several areas of quarter rides. We walked for a little bit then stopped in the pet store. (I promised Alex we would the next time we went to the mall.) Right outside the pet store are the quarter machines.

Alex saved the galaxy while Sabrina drove the bus. It was her first time to actually play on these and she loved it. (I very rarely put quarters into these machines, but my kids have just as much fun, if not more using their imaginations.) The kids played for a while, and of course I had the camera, then we walked to the play area.

I was pleased that there was only one other family there and both of the kids were small. I could let Sabrina explore without fear of her being trampled. She absolutely loved the rolled up newspaper tunnel. She would crawl through turn around and go back the other way repeatedly. I got some good pictures of her, but Alex didn’t really want his picture taken so I tried to get some of him. I did get one really good one. When a family of excited older kids came it was time to walk some more.

We walked to the other quarter machines and Alex again saved the galaxy while Sabrina drove a race car.

It was a fun no expense, besides gas, family day.

No comments: