Sunday, September 14, 2008

Louisiana

While Frank headed to Florida Alex and I went to Louisiana. Monday and Tuesday we mostly visited at Mom’s. I thanked them several times for getting electricity back just in time for my visit. The hurricane came through the week before and they just got electricity back as Mom was driving us from the airport.

On Wednesday we went to lunch with Dad and a few minutes from the house we saw a box turtle crossing the highway so we stopped to get it. Alex had never seen a box turtle, (though he has seen a desert tortoise). He was very excited and watched it crawl around in a box for a while and kept picking it up.

After lunch I took Alex to Adam’s Pest Control to see their amazing collection of bugs. Alex was very excited and ran from display to display and back again. You would have thought it was the greatest museum in the world instead of a lobby. I was impressed with their collection too. I had never seen so many butterflies.

We left there and headed to Colfax to visit my Nana and Jimmy (my dad). While we visited Alex let the turtle crawl around on the floor which was fine until he decided to push the poor thing like it was a toy car. The turtle’s traumatized for life. When Courtney got home from school she drove Alex in her dune buggy. I told her not to go too fast, but what’s too fast to a 17 year old? She came right back and said Alex started crying. He said it was so fast he got dizzy. Then Alex kept going on and on about on the way home until I told him he’d be in trouble if he mentioned it again.

After we showed the box turtle to Mom and Mamaw we let it go near one of Mom’s flower beds.

Thursday Mom, Dad, Alex, Amelia, and I met my friend Tiffany at Chuck E. Cheese.This was Alex’s first time there and of course it was Amelia’s (she’s one). Both of them were excited and really enjoyed every bit of it. Alex even ate some pizza, (unlike at Peter Piper Pizza).

Later Mom and I took Alex to the Louisiana Maneuvers and Military Museum at Camp Beauregard. We didn’t actually go inside the museum, we will do that next time. Outside they had tanks, a helicopter, a plane, hummers, and several other pieces of military equipment that I’m not familiar with. Alex of course loved every minute. We didn’t stay long just long enough to see it all and for Mom to get some pictures.

All in all it was a real good trip, but I’m glad to be home.

Marie-Anne

No comments: