Friday, September 19, 2008

Lapbooking

I recently discovered lapbooking- using manila folders as a portfolio of a child’s work on a certain topic. To see an example of a lapbook go to- http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/SchoolinRhome/Lapbooks/

Alex and I started our first one yesterday on Rainbows. Yes, I got the idea from the blog I mentioned, but since I’m new at this I’m making it simple. I’m only using one manila folder; on one side I have the water cycle, on the other side are some worksheets that I shrunk to fit, (two are the color wheel, one is a color by number, and the other is tracing the letter R with a picture of a rainbow. In the middle I have a mini book on Noah’s Ark and a Bible verse. I’m still trying to figure out what to do with the rest of it.

It’s fun, but takes some planning. I’m already looking for ideas for other lapbooks, but we will finish this one before we start another one.

Marie-Anne

No comments: