Thursday, April 10, 2008

BOOKS!

I love to read! Growing up I read mostly fiction. Lately I have been reading more and more nonfiction. Some books I’ve read recently include Courtship After Marriage, The Total Money Makeover, Created to be His Helpmeet, Home Sweet Home School, The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands, and The Witch of Blackbird Pond (I didn’t say I was only reading nonfiction).

Some books I will be reading in the next month or so include The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, A Love Worth Giving, The Millionaire Next Door, Confessions of a Happy Christian, The Treasure Principle, Jane Eyre, and The Home School Journey.

I’ve passed my love for books on to Alex. He’s constantly surrounded by books. He owns hundreds and we go to the library at least weekly. We read fiction and nonfiction. I sometimes get books that are slightly above his level- that’s why his vocabulary is so good. We let Alex see us reading books, and of course the Bible too. Alex has several Children's Bibles that we read from as well. Reading is very much a part of our family activities.

Marie-Anne

1 comment:

Frizz said...

I actually read different books than the ones I had planned...

Marie-Anne