Monday, February 18, 2008

Phoenix Part 1

Sun Feb 10th

Happy b-day to me! We left for Phoenix from church. We arrived shortly before their night service. It was a good service and Alex enjoyed Sunday School. After church we stayed for fellowship.



Alex had friends to play with; the kids raided the church’s costumes for Sunday School. Alex dressed as a knight, a soldier, a gangster, and a clown. It was very cute.

Mon. Feb 11th

We (Alex and I) drove 30 minutes to the Katydid Insect Museum to find out it no longer exists. I was upset. We found it on a website of area attractions. I learned the hard way to call first to be sure.



Alex and I ended up going to the Hall of Flame. http://www.hallofflame.org/ While it is geared for older folks Alex loved the kids section and the fire truck he could climb on. He actually fell out of the fire truck, but thankfully they had a thick rubber mat and he wasn’t hurt. We both wore Alex’s fire fighter helmets and we tried on turnout gear.



Afterwards we stopped at a park. When Frank got out of class we all went back to the park and walked on the trails. It was a beautiful day. That night we were invited to visit the Ashmore’s and some friends were there. It was a great day.

Tues. Feb 12th




Alex and I went to the Arizona Heritage Museum. http://www.arizonahistoricalsociety.org/default.asp It had a lot of stuff for kids. We had plans to meet the ladies from the local church so we didn’t stay long, but it was fun. Alex was having so much fun climbing in and out of the old car and playing with the toys that he threw a fit when it was time to go.

We met up with the ladies and went to Value Village, a thrift store. I got several books, a very nice children’s Bible, a Boggle Jr., and a leap pad to replace the one Alex broke. Then we all went to a sandwich shop next door. It was good and I really enjoyed being with the ladies.

After I got back to the hotel we went to get Frank something to eat. Boston Market is my favorite place and there isn’t one in Las Vegas nor was there one in Washington; so even though I had just eaten I HAD to get a side of their spinach.

We went to Bible Study, and I was happy that they had children’s church during the Bible Study. So I was able to pay attention. The Bible Study was on prayer.

Marie-Anne

No comments: