Monday, January 28, 2008

Finding Friends

I had thought that by now we would know people with kids around Alex’s age. Of course we have met some, but they are wrapped up in their own lives. In Washington Alex had a huge Sunday School class and also had several friends we visited with during the week.

A few days ago we were visiting someone who had been to church and his granddaughter was there. She is younger than Alex, but he didn’t care he had a friend! I can’t fully describe the fit he threw when it was time to go. I really felt sorry for him.

Alex makes temporary friends every time we go to a playland, but I want him to have more. I just found out the local recreation centers have a weekly play group. I think we will also try the library’s story hour again, (we tried it once when we first got here; it was over crowded and Alex was bored). We will try these things and hopefully he will make some friends.

Marie-Anne

No comments: