Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Game Night- Candyland


Since Sabrina liked Candyland so much when we played it on Thanksgiving, I bought her her very own game. I lost track of how many times she and I played yesterday while the boys were busy. We also played once as a family.

I am not sure when Candyland became a girls' game, but Alex pointed out that all the player pieces were girls and asked if he could use a minifig instead. The version I played as a kid had primary colored gingerbread men. It also had cards instead of a spinner, but I do not mind that change. I actually looked it up and am very glad they got rid of the 2010 and the 2013 game boards, in which several characters were way too sexy for a little kid game. This version is a nice one, (my second favorite) but my favorite would be the 80's version I played as a kid- nostalgia.

Update:
Sigh, last year I posted about the cheaply made games that are on sale this time of year. Well, this version of Candyland is another example of that; I bought it for less than $5 yesterday and already the game board is in two pieces. Hasbro ought to be ashamed of themselves!

Even though it's only five bucks I will be returning it to the store on principle. I just read reviews of last year's version and many people had problems, but didn't return it because it was only five bucks. If you have the same problem we had then Hasbro ripped you off and will continue ripping people off unless customers demand their money back.

Marie-Anne

No comments: